Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenhearted3663

New Beginnings :
Dating in the time of covid-19

Topic is Sleeping.

twicefooled (original poster member #42976) posted at 5:53 PM on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020

I've been dating a really nice man since September.

We live in the same city but are obviously sheltering in place.

We haven't seen each other since March 15.

It sucks, however it's really nice to be dating a man that puts the good of others (by staying in place) before himself (wanting to see me).

It's been nice to put our physical relationship on hold and nurture the rest of it. We facetime or phone call every night before bed (sometimes for hours because our conversations just flow). We text frequently during the day.

We both had birthdays last week and we delivered our birthday presents to each other. We are reminding each of our own children that this is for the good of everyone and that we all need to make sacrifices.

My ex was always a "what's in it for me" type man. It drove me crazy because it was like being married to a teenager (ftr even my teens understand and don't bug to see their friends).

May 29 2021 ***reclaimed myself and decided to delete my story with my ex because I'm now 7 years free from him and mentally healthier than I've been in years.

*********When you know better, you can do better*************

id 8539322

SallyShrink81 ( member #50219) posted at 7:19 PM on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020

Yes responsibly dating can be very challenging right now, but it can also be fun to be creative too. Watch the same movie at the same time. Several online platforms have fun activities like house party. Google long distance date ideas or even self-distancing date ideas.

Glad you found someone who's company you enjoy right now

FBS now surviving and thriving
2 kiddos born 2011 & 2014
"If a woman steals your husband, she might as well steal your shoes too, because one day she'll be walking in them." #karma

posts: 909   ·   registered: Nov. 4th, 2015   ·   location: Michigan
id 8539351

EvenKeel ( member #24210) posted at 2:07 PM on Wednesday, May 6th, 2020

I think this is great. Not the quarantine - lol....but that this gives you time to just really get to know a person in these early dating stages.

Is your area allowing walking trails, etc to be open yet? IE, hopefully you can move to social-distancing in person dates in the near future.

posts: 6921   ·   registered: May. 31st, 2009   ·   location: Pennsylvania
id 8539586

twicefooled (original poster member #42976) posted at 3:03 PM on Wednesday, May 6th, 2020

EvenKeel, I've heard things are starting to be relaxed starting next week. I'm lucky to live in an area that's full of trails and nature.

Part of our regular dates was getting up early on Sunday mornings (while the kiddos are still sleeping - all teens, sleep till noon!) and hiking for a few hours and then stopping at our fave coffee shop for a drink. I miss my hikes!

We waited for months to get physical, so our relationship wasn't built on physical stuff (like I previously did with other men, learned my lesson!)

We didn't know each other before we met (on Tinder) but we have TONS of people in common and everyone had nothing but good things to say about him (and said the same things to him about me). I have high hopes about this relationship.

That being said, he knows that I'm looking for a relationship that is a true partnership....we both had shit marriages and are in NO rush to cohabitate until each of our kiddos have left the nest :)

May 29 2021 ***reclaimed myself and decided to delete my story with my ex because I'm now 7 years free from him and mentally healthier than I've been in years.

*********When you know better, you can do better*************

id 8539616
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy