Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
Every breath I take..why to walk away

Topic is Sleeping.

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 5:07 PM on Sunday, December 27th, 2020

I learned awhile back that to have success I need a why. I am beginning writing a book about why to walk away. My answer is every breath I take.

It's been three years now since I was diagnosed with lyme that was attacking my heart and began to suspect that the stbxch (soon to be ex cheating husband) was an unfaithful history rewriting blame shifting liar whose only true regret was that he got caught before he extracted what he had planned financially before leaving me sick broken and destitute.

His actions and "the groups" he cheated in...his infidelity and lies along with their horrific gaslighting and bullying...almost cost me my life. I can not count the number of times I laid curled up on the floor sobbing thinking of ending my life those first two years. The trauma and the pain was that bad. (This was not the first time he cheated and the circumstances this time were horrifically traumatizing as was the abuse I endured from counselors and others he was recruited to his point of view that he was the victim).

I called the suicide hotline so many times. By some miracle I survived. And as I started to walk out of my life burning down around me from infidelity, I vowed I would return to help others.

So that is my why. Every breath I take free of the abuse of infidelity. Every day away from the evil of lies and deceit. Every day away from the sexual,emotional and spiritual abuse that is infidelity.

The sun is shining on my face. I am on my way to the beach. I wake up every day to kind words. I go to sleep safe. I am in remission at least for today. I am alive.

I survived infidelity.

You can too.

Sending thoughts of peace, healing and joy this holiday season.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8619902

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 6:24 PM on Sunday, December 27th, 2020

👏. She hawk— you are warrior.

So glad to see you not only taking control but manifesting your own future.

Congratulations and I will look forward to your book!

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6144   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8619921

The1stWife ( Guide #58832) posted at 10:24 PM on Sunday, December 27th, 2020

I’m sorry you had to suffer such abuse. Incites had enough. What rise was done is beyond words.

Glad to see things are better.

Survived two affairs and brink of Divorce. Happily reconciled. 10 years out from Dday. Reconciliation takes two committed people to be successful.

id 8619980

traicionada ( member #10310) posted at 2:21 AM on Tuesday, December 29th, 2020

The sun is shining on my face. I am on my way to the beach. I wake up every day to kind words. I go to sleep safe. I am in remission at least for today. I am alive.

I survived infidelity.

Dear, you didn’t survive; you thrived!

Real love is a CHOICE, NOT a feeling...

posts: 4020   ·   registered: Apr. 5th, 2006   ·   location: Dallas, Texas
id 8620295

homewrecked2011 ( member #34678) posted at 4:57 PM on Tuesday, December 29th, 2020

What is also awesome is that people in the site believe us when we tell the crazy-sounding things our WS have done to us/said to us. It’s so great to be believed!

Sometimes He calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage, but calms His child. Dday 12/19/11I went to an attorney and had him served. Shocked the hell out of him, with D papers, I'm proud to say!D final10/30/2012Me-55

id 8620439

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 6:33 PM on Thursday, January 7th, 2021

Prior to finding out the ex had a secret second life I would have thought I was crazy if I told people what was actually true..

id 8622789

BobPar ( member #62993) posted at 8:34 PM on Thursday, January 7th, 2021

"the abuse I endured from counselors and others he was recruited to his point of view that he was the victim"

Thank you for sharing this Shehawk. I think I had thought of it as abusive (I recognized it made me angry) but hadn't given it a name. I had the same experience. They are suppose to protect and inherently you feel this. So the abuse is very hurtful. I ultimately had a counsellor not admit that she was wrong, but I got the answer,"how was I supposed to know she was lying to me?" This after telling me I owed it to myself to get off the carousel of crazy I had created.

I intensely share your pain on this one.

[This message edited by BobPar at 2:35 PM, January 7th, 2021 (Thursday)]

DDay 1 (AP1) and 2 (AP2) 2015 DDay 3 (AP 3) and 4 (AP4) 2016There was some overlap with 3 and 4)False R 2016Suspect more from exWW

posts: 542   ·   registered: Oct. 9th, 2016   ·   location: MI
id 8622818

fareast ( Moderator #61555) posted at 8:40 PM on Thursday, January 7th, 2021

Bad things happen in our lives. Painful things. Having experienced it, I know that the pain caused by infidelity is so intense and difficult to deal with. But in the end it is our own attitude and determination and resilience in dealing with bad things that paves the way out of the trauma. You have demonstrated immense strength and resilience in the face of emotional abuse. Your journey is an inspiration.

Never bother with things in your rearview mirror. Your best days are on the road in front of you.

id 8622820

faithfulman ( member #66002) posted at 9:19 PM on Thursday, January 7th, 2021

"the abuse I endured from counselors and others he was recruited to his point of view that he was the victim"

Thank you for sharing this Shehawk. I think I had thought of it as abusive (I recognized it made me angry) but hadn't given it a name. I had the same experience. They are suppose to protect and inherently you feel this. So the abuse is very hurtful. I ultimately had a counsellor not admit that she was wrong, but I got the answer,"how was I supposed to know she was lying to me?" This after telling me I owed it to myself to get off the carousel of crazy I had created.

I intensely share your pain on this one.

This is my first post in this forum, I hope I don't violate any rules.

I also had the same experiences that you had, with therapists attacking or trying to convince me that I was unreasonable while my partner lied.

From what I have seen this is far more common than people realize.

The reliance on therapists to make cheaters do right I find to be completely mistaken and often multiplies the harm done to the betrayed, it is something I warn people about all the time, with limited success.

Worth quoting again:

I ultimately had a counsellor not admit that she was wrong, but I got the answer,"how was I supposed to know she was lying to me?" This after telling me I owed it to myself to get off the carousel of crazy I had created.

Answer: Common fucking sense.

I applaud you Shehawk, for breaking free.

Bobpar: Keep on keepin' strong!

id 8622827

BobPar ( member #62993) posted at 11:06 PM on Thursday, January 7th, 2021

I've been reading your other posts. Thanks for your insight faithfulman.

DDay 1 (AP1) and 2 (AP2) 2015 DDay 3 (AP 3) and 4 (AP4) 2016There was some overlap with 3 and 4)False R 2016Suspect more from exWW

posts: 542   ·   registered: Oct. 9th, 2016   ·   location: MI
id 8622865

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 12:52 AM on Sunday, January 24th, 2021

Thanks FarEast! Over the past couple of years you weighing in has helped tremendously. Thank you.

id 8627630

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 1:15 AM on Sunday, January 24th, 2021

I also had the same experiences that you had, with therapists attacking or trying to convince me that I was unreasonable while my partner lied

Really sorry faithful.

I feel like this is an elephant in the counseling room

It feels like victim blaming. Cheaters can be practiced liars and very socially adept so I guess if they fool other people we should not be surprised.

I had a counselor tell me that the chex (cheating ex) said I was abusive and he did not know who to believe. And I had pictures and screenshot...of him drunk with several ea/pa s on his lap AT ONCE Inna hotel room when he was supposedly staying with his mother after her surgery. And the counselor was a bs himself.

I am sick of the whole steaming pile of rugsweeping victim blaming. One marital counselor told me it did not matter if the chex actually had sex with the known pa partner...we should just go on vacation and have a nice time and I should not talk about it..

That little tidbit of advice caused the chex to risk my life because he had in fact had rough unprotected sex with an AP who had an incurable std that she apparently gives away like nsa sex. Took awhile to let that sink in. He risked my life to spare the wayward husband the discomfort of telling the truth. If that is not the therapist being a co abuser I don't know what is.

id 8627632
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy