Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Brokenbiscuits

General :
Amazing song and video

Topic is Sleeping.

Notarunnerup (original poster member #79501) posted at 3:12 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

Just happened upon a new song from Godsmack. Its a soft ballad about an affair from the BS POV. The song is called truth. I highly recommend it. It might be triggering to some though.

id 8827166

InkHulk ( member #80400) posted at 6:19 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

Good song, video is hard to watch. Thanks for sharing.

People are more important than the relationships they are in.

id 8827208

ImaChump ( member #83126) posted at 6:32 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

Wow. Powerful. Thanks for sharing.

According to the comments on the video, the singer wrote it after being betrayed by his wife. Amazing how so much pain can create art. The lyrics even capture how the WW "isn’t comfortable in her own skin" and "can’t be alone". How many of us BS have found that to be true of our Betrayers?

He’s asking the same questions we all ask:

"So why'd you cross that line and destroy our lives?
Please just tell the truth
It's a lot to defend, I can't understand
How I'm still loving you"

Please just tell the truth…..sounds so simple, doesn’t it? Yet, it seems to be the hardest thing.

Me: BH (61)

Her: WW (61)

D-Days: 6/27/22, 7/24-26/22

posts: 163   ·   registered: Mar. 25th, 2023   ·   location: Eastern USA
id 8827210

Notarunnerup (original poster member #79501) posted at 7:18 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

Yes IMA, I also thought the concept is so simple. I have been a Godsmack fan since they came out, but this song was just a different level.

id 8827213

InkHulk ( member #80400) posted at 8:29 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

You totally posted the warning, but man, I do think that video triggered me somewhat. Just watching re-enacted flirting and the stratling and undressing, just knowing that shit happened in real life barf

I guess I should take trigger warnings more seriously look

id 8827221

ImaChump ( member #83126) posted at 8:35 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

You totally posted the warning, but man, I do think that video triggered me somewhat. Just watching re-enacted flirting and the stratling and undressing, just knowing that shit happened in real life barf

I guess I should take trigger warnings more seriously look

I found the video somewhat sad but wasn’t really triggered. I was actually somewhat jealous of the protagonist. He caught the bitch in real time and sent her ass packing. I would have preferred that outcome to finding out about multiple affairs many years later when things are "complicated"….

Also IH, the song wasn’t too "Rock Opera" for you?

Me: BH (61)

Her: WW (61)

D-Days: 6/27/22, 7/24-26/22

posts: 163   ·   registered: Mar. 25th, 2023   ·   location: Eastern USA
id 8827223

Stillconfused2022 ( member #82457) posted at 8:45 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

Feel you IH. Major ouch. Still appreciate it being shared. What got me was the pain in the man’s face. I also pondered whether my BS would pause on the doorstep like that with his suitcase. Sometimes I think he would run to the car.

I still never really picture myself kicking him out. I just picture leaving. Why would I want to stay in a house the would become a mausoleum to our dead marriage. I would rather let him sit in it and absorb all that toxic energy while I fled the scene.

posts: 445   ·   registered: Nov. 27th, 2022   ·   location: Northeast
id 8827225

InkHulk ( member #80400) posted at 8:52 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

I found the video somewhat sad but wasn’t really triggered. I was actually somewhat jealous of the protagonist. He caught the bitch in real time and sent her ass packing. I would have preferred that outcome to finding out about multiple affairs many years later when things are "complicated"….

It took a little bit for it to hit, but I can feel I’m off baseline.

I hear you, the decades stolen from you are unfathomable. I’m so sorry. I’m still glad I don’t have images like that in my head.

Also IH, the song wasn’t too "Rock Opera" for you?

Nope, just right wink laugh

id 8827227

Blackbird25 ( member #82766) posted at 8:54 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

I just saw Godsmack in concert last week here in Nashville and heard Sully sing this live. He sat at a grand piano in the middle of the stage and belted out this song. I was in the 3rd row. It was emotional and very powerful!! And he did talk about the meaning and emotions behind this song. He told the crowd he was recording with the band and had to abruptly leave and go back home because his 7 yr relationship was falling apart. It’s so sad when you hear the lyrics. He said he was fucked up for such a long time going through this pain. He took time off from recording because he had to regroup. He said his bandmates just left him alone while he worked through his pain; he said he just wrote songs and made music. It’s a testament to how powerful music can be to healing. Godsmack is one of my favorite bands - been following them since mid 90’s. I swear I think he wrote "I Fucking Hate You" just for my situation😂😂😂😂 Go listen to that song when you’re pissed off 😡 it will make you wanna break shit!!!

Me: BS Him: WH, Married 1996 -
DDay#1: 6/1/2012 (EA 3 mos, PA 1 month) - DDay#2: 12/26/22 (EA, 1 wk) -
Reconciling and doing well.

posts: 203   ·   registered: Jan. 23rd, 2023   ·   location: USA
id 8827228

whatisloveanyway ( member #66450) posted at 9:15 PM on Monday, March 4th, 2024

Wow. Thanks for the share, even though it was hard to watch because of all the feelings it gave me. I was also jealous that in the video the betrayed found out in real time and took decisive action to get cheating out of his life. I got that part all wrong. But the line I can't understand why I'm still loving you - that's the one that got me.

The emotion and power in the vocals makes sense after reading it was the truth of his life. Kinda want to share this with my WH but not sure it's going to have the same impact. Just gonna keep this one for myself for now...

BW: 64 WH: 64 Both 57 on Dday, M 37 years, 2 grown kids. WH had 9 year A with MOW, 7 month false R, multiple DDays from 2017 - 2022, with five years of trickle truth and lies. I got rid of her with one email. Reconciling, or trying to.

posts: 574   ·   registered: Oct. 9th, 2018   ·   location: Southeastern USA
id 8827231

InkHulk ( member #80400) posted at 3:25 AM on Tuesday, March 5th, 2024

Man, that was a legit trigger, I haven’t felt like this in quite a while, pretty rough night.

#toomuchrockopera

id 8827279

Groot1988 ( member #84337) posted at 3:29 AM on Tuesday, March 5th, 2024

Hit me right in the feels crying

Love Godsmack!

Married 5 years (together 11) Four children Me Bs 36Him WH 35- 4 month PA Dday Oct 6- lots of TT final disclosure Jan 16.

"If we walk through hell we might as well hold hands, we should make this a home"- citizen soldier

posts: 408   ·   registered: Jan. 6th, 2024   ·   location: Darker side of gray
id 8827280

RealityBlows ( member #41108) posted at 3:47 AM on Tuesday, March 5th, 2024

The video skipped the part where the WS denies, gaslights, redirects anger at the BS, victimizes themselves, rewrites the marital history, character assassinates the BS to their children, extended family and friends, then, after being dumped by AP, begs for reconciliation, tells their IC a completely different story than what was told to BS, then breaks NC…

But I guess, that might be a bit much for MTV. I would need a Pink Floyd level rock opera to tell my tale.

[This message edited by RealityBlows at 3:52 AM, Tuesday, March 5th]

id 8827283

Ozzy1788 ( member #83108) posted at 9:01 AM on Tuesday, March 5th, 2024

Another Godsmack fan here. Think that makes it even tougher when it's a voice you know and love delivering like that. Right in the feels.

posts: 177   ·   registered: Mar. 23rd, 2023   ·   location: UK
id 8827302
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy