Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

General :
Need some encouragement today.

Topic is Sleeping.

AHSQU1RR3L (original poster new member #84571) posted at 9:19 PM on Wednesday, March 13th, 2024

Very brief explaination; I found out shy of 2 weeks ago my wife had an affair. I’ve been processing since then and trying to "work on it" with my WW. To be honest, we haven’t felt this close in years and I really can see a shift in her. But it’s early on and I know time will tell.

Today it’s all hitting me HARD though! I’m stuck at work and all I can see every blink of my eyes is them together (what I imagine at least). I want to scream and cry and break things and close myself away from everyone! But like I said, I’m at work so I smile and do my job instead.

I need encouraging words. Stories of success and reassurance this will get better and be ok in the end. I need to hear the hole in my chest that’s taking my breath away will close eventually and my wife can still be my wife one day.

I feel silly even asking for this. I’m a 41 year old man, tattooed and athletically built/strong. The picture of an action movie badass. And all I want to do in this moment is break down in sobs at my desk.

41 M
38 WW
Seeking R

posts: 12   ·   registered: Mar. 7th, 2024   ·   location: California
id 8828710

AHSQU1RR3L (original poster new member #84571) posted at 4:55 AM on Thursday, March 14th, 2024

Nevermind. I lived through the day.

41 M
38 WW
Seeking R

posts: 12   ·   registered: Mar. 7th, 2024   ·   location: California
id 8828752

Notthevictem ( member #44389) posted at 5:51 AM on Thursday, March 14th, 2024

Haha, been there man. For what it's worth for next time, asking yourself what the difference is between today and tomorrow sometimes helps.

BH
DDAY Mar 2014
Widowed 2022 - breast cancer

posts: 13491   ·   registered: Aug. 5th, 2014   ·   location: Washington State
id 8828755

tushnurse ( member #21101) posted at 1:28 PM on Thursday, March 14th, 2024

Just saw this. I found when I felt thos way the thing that helped me more than anything was to evaluate what is different today to feel overwhelmed, address that with my spouse. To break the cyclic thinking write it down and put it aside so I could focus and work.
If that failed I'd take 10 and go for a very brisk walk of go do the stairs in my office building a few times. Movement helps as you tend to go into fight or flight head space.

Me: FBSHim: FWSKids: 23 & 27 Married for 32 years now, was 16 at the time.D-Day Sept 26 2008R'd in about 2 years. Old Vet now.

posts: 20243   ·   registered: Oct. 1st, 2008   ·   location: St. Louis
id 8828773

SI Staff ( Moderator #10) posted at 5:48 PM on Thursday, March 14th, 2024

Moving to General

id 8828823
flag

SI Staff ( Moderator #10) posted at 5:51 PM on Thursday, March 14th, 2024

A reminder:

Off Topic & Fun & Games (except for quote thread) are to be kept free of infidelity.

id 8828826

maise ( member #69516) posted at 6:06 PM on Thursday, March 14th, 2024

I'm so so sorry you're here. Your feelings are absolutely valid. The early stages are filled with grief that comes in hard waves and numbness. Anger, shock, deep sadness, bargaining...sometimes they come all at once, sometimes one at a time, they're definitely not linear. Be kind to yourself during this process. Know that healing through this can take years. I have a story of success and can tell you that with you taking charge of your own healing you absolutely will be okay. I have come out on the other side of this and am SO MUCH better with self and in how I approach my own life, and happiness. I did not keep my marriage. Unfortunately, our WS's doing their part to be healthy for us is out of our control. However, I have been in therapy for years and can honestly say I am happier than I ever was even before this happened to me. I have my self worth and self esteem at levels I did not before and would never choose to go back. It's hard jumping head first into the emotions that come with this process. It's SO painful. But I promise you with a good IC and lots of focus and care of yourself, you will get through this on top. Sending mojo.

((((hugs))))

Edited to add: I remember taking days one at a time and identifying the emotions or stage of grief I was in in that moment. I used to tell myself to try to process it, feel it, see if it was triggering other things to come up for me, and I would process through until I could move past it. I did weekly IC. If this helps any.

[This message edited by maise at 6:14 PM, Thursday, March 14th]

BW (SSM) D-Day: 6/9/2018 Status: Divorced

"Our task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

— Rumi

posts: 959   ·   registered: Jan. 22nd, 2019   ·   location: Houston
id 8828831

HellFire ( member #59305) posted at 2:58 PM on Saturday, March 16th, 2024

I've read your story. You've cheated as well. You rugswept those affairs. Don't make the same mistakr this time. And be prepared to discuss your affairs as well. She was never really allowed to heal from the damage you caused. If you want this marriage to make it,both of you have a lot of work to do.

But you are what you did
And I'll forget you, but I'll never forgive
The smallest man who ever lived..

posts: 6787   ·   registered: Jun. 20th, 2017   ·   location: The Midwest
id 8829244

1994 ( member #82615) posted at 10:44 PM on Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024

How are you holding up, OP?

posts: 200   ·   registered: Dec. 25th, 2022   ·   location: USA
id 8834523
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy