Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Ncg88

New Beginnings :
Tattoo or no tattoo? Vegas or no?

Topic is Sleeping.

newlife03 ( member #56527) posted at 11:15 PM on Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021

I have several tattoos, all of which are meaningful to me and none of which have summoned evil spirits .

That being said, Vegas with friends sounds like fun. I'd pass on the tattoo, at least until you're completely healed. Like some others have said, you don't want the reminder of your pain marked on your body forever...UNLESS it becomes a reminder of your strength. For me it would be like the tattoos that people get once their loved ones have passed; looking at it would always bring great pain, at least for me. Others feel that it's an honorable way to remember them, and that's ok. Just don't do it while you're emotional because that will change.

Once it goes on, it's there forever! Choose wisely when it's time. And be sure to do it at a local and reputable shop, not some fly-by in Vegas.

Me - 50
Kids 25, 22, 18
1st DDay in 2006, 2nd in 2007
D in 2009
Happily Committed to SO since 2011

posts: 657   ·   registered: Dec. 22nd, 2016   ·   location: ID
id 8644513

EllieKMAS ( member #68900) posted at 11:29 PM on Tuesday, March 23rd, 2021

Ink it up! I have.......... 19 tattoos, 20? I think? My favorite ones are the ones I got to mark major life things, both positive and negative.

Still working on design for my divorce tattoo - I haven't landed on one yet, but you can bet I'll be gettin some ink as soon as I do.

Just make sure whatever you get means something special to you. I also recommend finding an artist you click with because they can help you refine design ideas and that can make a huge difference in your final product.

"No, it's you mothafucka, here's a list of reasons why." – Iliza Schlesinger

"The love that you lost isn't worth what it cost and in time you'll be glad that it's gone." – Linkin Park

posts: 3901   ·   registered: Nov. 22nd, 2018   ·   location: Louisiana
id 8644518

Phoenix1 ( member #38928) posted at 2:03 AM on Wednesday, March 24th, 2021

One DD has a full sleeve, her entire upper back, and several on both feet.

Other DD has most of her mid torso covered.

I've never been a big tat fan, but they both talked me into getting a small, matching tat on our ankles in honor of my DS. We all went in together. I did, however, require that mine be in white ink. Girls rolled their eyes, but were satisfied I got it done with them.

Just make sure it is something you will find joy in seeing for the rest of your life!

Vegas? Good for fun weekend getaways only, IMHO. That was my first solo trip after divorce was final to celebrate! Took each kid there for a 21st birthday present.

fBS - Me
Xhole - Multiple LTAs/2 OCs over 20+yrs
Adult Kids
Happily divorced!

You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. ~C.S. Lewis~

posts: 9059   ·   registered: Apr. 9th, 2013   ·   location: Land of Indifference
id 8644554

Brave30 ( member #41124) posted at 3:01 PM on Wednesday, March 24th, 2021

I currently have 6 tattoos. And, I don't regret a single one. I have matching tattoos with my brother, as well as tattoos that represent my kids.

I did get a tattoo half way through my nearly 2 year divorce process. But, it was completely unrelated to the actual divorce. It's a piece that I drew which reaches from my ribs to my hip, so it has special meaning since I designed it myself.

I also have a tattoo that says, "Be Not Afraid." I told myself that A LOT during the divorce and thought about getting it early on when my XH and I separated. I ultimately decided to wait and didn't get that tattoo until five years later. I figured if I still wanted to get it after all those years, then it must be important. That phrase is something I tell myself, even now, so it never poses a trigger when I look at it.

I'd say yes to a tattoo, just make sure that is something that represents you and has meaning.

Vegas? I can't speak to that one. Never been, no desire to ever go.

id 8644656

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 5:09 PM on Wednesday, March 24th, 2021

This has been a great conversation. I think I was thinking of something external to show the scar. And perhaps that is reason to pause for me.

It was/is hard to be rejected for being yourself by a person you intimately know. So the think about it and take your time before you do something you might regret rings true.

Hmmm will have to give the whole what am I inviting into my life topic some more consideration.

Of all the things that would invite demons into my life I would have to say that ship already sailed when my husband among other things had rough fetish sex with other people while married to me and then unconsentual sex with me(because he lied to me and I would not have been intimate with him had I known the truth)

Gonna have to google the one year tattoo. Maybe in a year I would feel differently.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8644699

Jambomo ( member #74853) posted at 2:04 PM on Monday, April 5th, 2021

Tattoos themselves are just a yes/no depending on whether you like them. I’ve been thinking of getting a nice midlife crisis one

I’d say hold fire on it till a bit further down the line and if you still feel it’s a good idea then, well go ahead. Getting something done whilst you still feel emotional about it is a recipe for regret down the line.

posts: 254   ·   registered: Jul. 13th, 2020   ·   location: Scotland
id 8648140

Shehawk (original poster member #68741) posted at 11:36 PM on Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

A friend posted some lovely pics of vegas last week...

The tattoo advice on here seems spot on. Thanks.

"It's a slow fade...when you give yourself away" so don't do it!

posts: 1712   ·   registered: Nov. 5th, 2018   ·   location: US
id 8648440
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20240905a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy